Maastricht is very close to various airports and there are many options for choosing your flight. We most highly recommend using Eindhoven, Brussels National or Amsterdam airports. In case you arrive to Maastricht by train from your airport, please, make sure your flight arrives early enough so you can catch a train to Maastricht Central Station.
1. Maastricht airport: Maastricht airport is mainly a cargo one, although you may find some flights for only a few destinations in the week. Check your departure airport connection with Maastricht airport on http://whichairline.com and see whether you can find a good combination of flights.
2. Eindhoven airport: This is the closest one after Maastricht airport. Buses run very frequently from Eindhoven airport to Eindhoven train station, from where you can catch a train to Maastricht.
3. Brussels National (Zaventem) Airport: Total duration of travel between Brussels National Airport and Maastricht is about 1.5 hours. You need to change trains twice: Once in Leuven and once in Liege-Guillemins. Use http://www.belgianrail.be/ for planning your trip from Brussels airport or book a taxi (about 1 hour and it costs 75-95 euro) from http://www.taxipatrick.be/ (takes about 1 hour and needs to be booked at least two days in advance; if you travel with two persons or more, this option may be more cost-efficient and, of course, comfortable).
4. Charleroi Airport: Total duration of trip to/from Maastricht is about 2-2.5 hours. You’ll need to get a bus to Brussels Midi Station and, from there, a train to Liege-Guillemins and then a train to Maastricht. Use http://www.belgianrail.be/ for planning your trip from Charleroi Airport or book a taxi (about 1-1.5 hour and 90-100 euro; if you travel with two persons or more, this option may be more cost efficient) from http://www.taxipatrick.be/ (this service needs to be booked at least to days in advance)
5. Amsterdam Airport: Total duration of travel is about 2.5 hours with a stopover in Utrecht or Sittard, depending on time. Use ns.nl for planning your trip and buying your ticket online.
6. Dusseldorf airport or Cologne/Bonn: You can use http://www.taxipatrick.be/ (book at least two days in advance) or, by train, it takes about 2.5 hours or more. Usually, you get to Aachen (through Dusseldorf Train Station or directly from the airport) and, from there, there is a bus service to Maastricht (Bus 350, every 15 mins). http://www.taxipatrick.be/ also serve routes from Dusseldorf airport to Maastricht.
Arriving by train/bus:
Maastricht is easily reachable from all major places in Holland and has frequent connections with Liege in Belgium (by train), while there is a bus service to/from Aachen (bus 350). You can plan your trip using the website (https://9292.nl)